I just finished listening to the audiobook version of The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) by Hal Elrod.
This book showed up in my life at the right time. I have recently decided to add more to my morning routine. This book did what it was suppose to do. Inspire me to create a morning ritual that includes a bit of everything to help me achieve a better life.
Even though I found it very repetitive and he gives too many shout-outs to his products, blogs, books... it was worth reading.
I have been always a morning person, having to wake up early for my commutes and for early calls on set. I'm currently waking up at 4:30 to get to a 5:30 barre class every weekday. When I tell people this many say I'm crazy. If you think that, this book is for you. If you want to do things but use the excuse "I don't have the time", this book is for you. If you just want to be more productive, healthier, smarter, this book is for you. Open your mind and let this book show you how. Yes, it will convince you to wake up early, believe me, it will.
I first heard of Ferdinand Bauer when I was a kid. My mom used to paint flowers in wood surfaces as a home decor, like benches, vases and boxes. The technique she used was called Bauer in Brazil.
His work inspires me daily.
I'm in the market for a book with his illustrations, does anyone know a good one?
Every month I send you guys a newsletter with what I have been up to. New projects, products and illustrations. Items for sale, special coupon codes and more. Don't miss another one and sign up below.
This list is not just to give you some tips but also a reminder for my future self.
1. Go out and get some sunshine, everyday, if the weather allows. For a quick walk, for a run, even if it's just to work from the deck/ balcony.
2. Once a week, go work from a coffee shop, see some people, remember you are not alone in the world.
3. Exercise in group. Join a gym or get a class membership. Any activity you can with others will do you good.
4. Make sure you stop working on the weekends, and get out of the house. Go shopping, go visit a museum, try a new restaurant, go for a hike. It's so easy for us to stay in and work everyday, but we all need balance. Life experiences makes us better artists.
5. Get a pet or if you have one, spend some quality time together. Go for walks, play and snuggle.
6. Sign up for online classes or even better real seminars with real people. Have interaction. Learn more.