5 tips to start your day right
I truly believe that what you do in the morning sets you up for the entire day. Wake up late and skip breakfast, read your emails right away... you can sabotage yourself if you aren't doing the right things.
Here are my tips to start your day right and improve your productivity.
1. Wake up early. I couldn't emphasize this more. If you wake up around 5 am by 9 o' clock you could be done with exercising, reading a page of a book, studying something, creating a video... don't waste your morning sleeping!
2. Have a healthy breakfast. When you eat something healthy for breakfast you tend to make better choices during the day. It takes less than 3 minutes to make a smoothie, no excuses.
3. Get creative. I think mornings are the best time to be creative. You are the most refreshed with a clear mind. You tend to not use shortcuts because you aren't tired or burned out. You dive in and you get it done. If you want to write, draw, take photos, I think you should do it early.
4. Don't waste it on house chores. Do not waste those precious hours doing laundry, dishes or cleaning. The mundane tasks will get done anyway. Save the early hours to do something you really want to do. Your day will feel happier and you will be inspired to continue to have a great day.
5. Take sometime to be thankful. Start your day by being grateful helps you to have a positive attitude for the rest of the day. Stop complaining that is Monday again and you have to work, and start by saying thank you for having a job, for have had a great weekend and for being healthy and able to work.