Setting goals is one of my favorite things to do. I really enjoy planning and creating lists, so it’s no big surprise that when December arrives I am more than ready to set new goals.
Here are the things I planned for 2015, I’m very happy that I checked most of the things on the list.
- Move back to the east coast- We did move back in January of this year. It feels great to be back home, even though I really loved Los Angeles.
- Run a 5k under 30 minutes- I didn’t participate on any races but I was able to do it on my own. It’s amazing to know what I am capable of doing when I have discipline.
- Get an agent- Even though I declined the agency because I’m focusing on my illustrations now, I did get one to represent me as a costume designer and it was a huge step on my career.
- Decide between costume and illustrating- nothing is set in stones but I think it’s time to focus now on my artwork since 2015 was dedicated only to costumes
- Read 5 books- I don’t think I did this. I worked so hard and there was no time to do anything else. I love reading and realizing this makes me really upset. I’m going to read more in 2016.
- Figure out if I wanted to have a blog or not- I have had blogs for more than 10 years but never took it seriously because work never allowed me the time. Things are changing now.
- Become vegan- Again, something I have been doing on and off. After months of being strictly vegan I decided that for now, radicalism doesn’t work very well, so I’m trying to be 70% vegan and 30% vegetarian, so I can still have pizza night and enjoy going out to eat at restaurants.
- More yoga- I definitely did more but still not enough.
- Visit Brazil- it was great seeing my family. I really missed them.
- Get a new laptop- I decided on exchanging my desktop for a laptop. I love being able to write or read from anywhere
- Get in the union- I did get in and worked in two union feature films this year.
- Get a tattoo- I’m still not sure if it’s something I want to do. Every year I am less and less tempted
- Make more money- I worked on better and bigger projects this year, which allowed me to make more money
- Travel to better places- I was able to spend 3 months in Cape Cod, many months in NYC, and I travelled to brazil.
- Work from home- I’m very excited that this is now possible
- Successful instagram- my account is growing and I’m proud that people want to see what I have to share
- Write a book- I didn’t have brain space for this, adding to the 2016 list
- Create a recipe box- there is still time for this
- Watch 5 classic films- I think I did this, but don’t remember which movies
- Change to a paper planner- hahah, yep, this was a goal. I tried to join the club and use all the cool apps out there. It just isn’t me. I am a lot more productive since I went back to my moleskine.
Come back tomorrow to see what I have planned for 2016.